Vesna is a lawyer who currently practices as an NMAS-accredited mediator. She is an overseas-qualified lawyer, as well as an Australian lawyer registered with the Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory and the High Court of Australia. After more than 30 years of working at various levels of Government, mostly in legal policy areas, Vesna obtained mediator qualifications under the Australian National Mediation Accreditation Standards (NMAS) in 2018 and commenced her practice Impact Mediation. She is a member of the Australian Mediation Association and the Resolution Institute.
Vesna’s mediation focus and experience is in the areas of estate and elder law, business related disputes, small business licensing, associations and membership conflicts, and work health and safety.
Furthermore, from her work with the older population in her ethnic community and other community settings, such as domestic violence, Vesna is well experienced in dealing with highly complex relationship disputes occurring in various community settings, such as elder law and elder abuse, victims of crime related issues, homelessness, neighbourhood disputes and matters related to drug and alcohol abuse in the community.
Vesna has been on the Mediator Panel of the Canberra’s Conflict Resolution Service since 2019.
Vesna is also a Certified Interpreter with the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) for Serbian and English and a member of the National Council, AUSIT.
- AMA (NMAS-accredited) Mediation Course, 2018
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, 2003 (ANU)
- LPAB / Sydney University Law Course, 2002
- Graduate Diploma in Public Law, 1992 (ANU)
- Law Degree and Bar Exam, 1986 (overseas, Serbia)
- Diploma in Cultural Studies, 1980 (overseas, Serbia)
- Australian Mediation Association
- World Mediation Organisation
- Resolution Institute
- ACT Law Society
- ACT Women Lawyers Association
- Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators (AUSIT)