- Adams Valerie, Bagshaw Dale, Wendt Sarah, Zannettino Lana. Financial Abuse of Older People by a Family Member: A Difficult Terrain for Service Providers in Australia, Journal of Elder Abuse and Neglect, 2014, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 1-21.
- Bagshaw, Dale ( under review). Elder Mediation and the Financial Abuse of Older People by a Family Member. Conflict Resolution Quarterly.
- Bagshaw Dale, Wendt Sarah, Zannettino Lana and Adam, Valerie (2013). Financial abuse of older people by family members: The views and experiences of older Australians and their family members. Australian Social Work, Vol 66, Number 1, March, pages 86-103.
- Bagshaw, D., Wendt, S & Zannettino, L. Preventing the Abuse of Older People by their Family Members. Stakeholder Paper 7, Australian Domestic and Family Violence Clearing House, September 2009. http://www.adfvc.unsw.edu.au
- Barry, Lisa, Elder Mediation. Australasian Dispute Resolution Journal, 2013, No 24, Page 251
- Braun, Joan. Elder mediation: Promising Approaches and Potential Pitfalls. www.uws.elr_data/assets/pdf_file/0019/502219_Braun.pdf
- Baylis and Carroll, ‘The Nature and Importance of Mechanisms for Addressing Power Differences in Statutory Mediation’ (2002) 14 Bond Law Review 285 – 319.
- Brophy, Elizabeth, The role of mediation under the Aged Care Act 1997 (Cth)’ , 4th National Mediation Conference Proceedings, Tom Fisher, La Trobe University (ed) 1998
- Brozowsk, K & Hall, D R 2004, ‘Growing old in a risk society: Elder abuse in Canada ‘, Journal of Elder Abuse and Neglect, vol. 16, no. 3, p. 65.
- Burg, H, Mediation may creat a divide where there is an Alzheimer’s diagnosis – http://www.mediate.com/articles/BurgH2.cfm
- Cassidy Jenica Restoration of Rights for Adults Under Guardianship published in Bifocal January – February 2015 BIFOCALJanuary-February2015 Dispute Resolution and Ageing
- Carroll and Smith, ‘Mediation in Guardianship Proceedings for the Elderly: An Australian Perspective,’ (2010) Windsor Yearbook of Access to Justice, 53.
- Carroll ‘Appointing Decision Makers for Incapable Persons – What Scope for Mediation’ (2007) 17 Journal of Judicial Administration 75-92
- Cohen, Miri, Halevi-Levin, Sarah, Gagin, Roni & Friedman, Gideon 2006, ‘Development of a screening tool for identifying elderly people at risk of abuse by their caregivers’, Journal of Aging and Health, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 660–685.
- Cohen, Miri, Levin, Sarah Halevy, Gagin, Roni & Friedman, Gideon 2007, ‘Elder abuse: Disparities between older people’s disclosure of abuse, evident signs of abuse, and high risk of abuse’, JAGS: Journal of the American Geriatric Society, vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 1224–1230.
- Craig, Yvonne 1998, ‘Intergenerational mediation: Its potential for contributing to the prevention of elder abuse’, Journal of Social Work Practice, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 175-180.
- Crampton, Alexandra, Elder Mediation in Theory and practice: Study Results From a National Caregiver Mediation Demonstration Project, Journal of Gerontological Social Work, Vol 56 (5) 423-437
- Crawford, Susan, Dabney, Lewis, Filner, Judith & Maida, Peter R 2003, ‘From Determining Capacity to Facilitating Competencies: A New Mediation Framework.’, Conflict Resolution Quarterly, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 385-402.
- Cripps, David 2001, ‘Rights focused advocacy and elder abuse’, Australasian Journal on Ageing, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 17-22.
- David Solie “Wrong Signals“ The_Wrong_Signals_Article_in_BiFocus_David_Solie .docx
- Erica F. Wood “Dispute Resolution and Aging: What Is the Nexus and Where Do We Stand?” BIFOCALJanuary-February2015 Dispute Resolution and Ageing
- Financial capacity in older adults: a growing concern for clinicians Gardiner Embargo PDF
- Foxman, Barbara, Mariani, Kathryn & Mathes, Michele 2009, ‘A mediator’s ethical responsibility in elder mediation: What is at stake?’, ACResolution, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 3-8.
- Fulmer, Terry, Guadagno, Lisa, Dyer, Carmel Bitondo & Connolly, Marie Therese 2004, ‘Progress in elder abuse screening and assessment instruments’, JAGS: Journal of the American Geriatric Society, no. 52, pp. 297-304.
- Joosten Melanie The Right to be Old – Inside story http://insidestory.org.au/the-right-to-be-old
- Gary, S 1997, ‘Mediation and the Elderly: Using Mediation to Resolve Probate Disputes over Guardianship and Inheritance’, Wake Forest Law Review, vol. 32, pp. 397-444.
- Gary Wickham “The slow politics of dignity for the aged and dying in Australia ” published in http://theconversation.com/au
- Gwyther, L 1995, ‘When the family is not of one voice: Conflict in caregiving families’, Journal of Case Management, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 150 -155.
- Hughes, M., A Strengths Perspective on Caregiving at the End of Life. Australian Social Work, Vol 68, No 2, April 2015, pp156-168.
- Hughes, CR, van Heugten, K & Keeling, S., Cultural Meaning-making in the Journey from Diagnosis to the End of Life. . Australian Social Work, Vol 68, No 2, April 2015, pp 169-185.
- Jackie Keast Mediation program helping to resolve conflicts in aged care, trial shows
- Killick, Campbell & Taylor, Brian J 2012, ‘Judgements of social care professionals on elder abuse referrals: A factorial survey’, British Journal of Social Work, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 814–832.
- Kosberg, Jordan I, Lowenstein, Ariela, Garcia, Juanita L & Biggs, Simon 2003, ‘Study of Elder Abuse Within Diverse Cultures’, Journal of Elder Abuse & Neglect, vol. 15, no. 3-4, pp. 71-89.
- Kosberg, Jordan I 2009, ‘The abuse of older men: Implications for social work’, Australian Social Work, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 202-215.
- Kurrle, Susan 2008, ‘An overview of elder abuse and neglect in Australia’, Journal of Elder Abuse and Neglect, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 108-125.
- Lacey, W. ‘Neglectful to the Point of Cruelty? Elder Abuse and the Rights of Older Persons in Australia’ (2014) 36 Sydney Law Review 99-130. http://sydney.edu.au/law/slr/slr_36/slr36_1/SLRv36n1Lacey.pdf
- Lacey, Wendy, ‘In the Wake of Teoh: Finding an Appropriate Government Response’ (2001) 29(2) Federal Law Review, 219-240 (11,683 words).
- Lacey, Wendy, ‘Beyond the Legalese and Rhetoric: Improving Human Rights Protection in Australia’ (2010) 16 Australian Journal of Human Rights 1-36 (14,490 words)
- Lacey, Wendy, ‘Judicial Discretion and Human Rights: Expanding the Role of International Law in the Domestic Sphere’, (2004) 5 Melbourne Journal of International Law 108 (13,237 words).
- Langan, M & Means, R 1996, ‘Financial management and elderly people with dementia in the UK: As much a question of confusion as abuse?’, Ageing & Society, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 287-314.
- Laragy, C & Allen, J., Community Aged Care Case Managers Transitioning to Consumer Directed Care: More than Procedural Change Required. . Australian Social Work, Vol 68, No 2, April 2015, pp 212-227..
- Leisey, Monica, Kupstas, Paula K. & Cooper, Aly 2009, ‘Domestic violence in the second half of life’, Journal of Elder Abuse and Neglect, vol 21, pp. 141-155.
- Lise Barry, ‘Elder Mediation’ (2013) 24 Australasian Dispute Resolution Journal 251.
- Lise Barry “Elder Mediation: What’s in a Name?” http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/crq.21118/epdf
- Malley-Morrison, Kathleen, Nolido, Nyryan E-V & Chawla, Sonia 2006, ‘International perspectives on elder abuse: five case studies’, Educational Gerontology, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 1-11.
- Margaret Arthur Partner Elder Life Services CRH Law Leaving Life Well 31 May 2016
- McAllister, J & Geno, B 2004, ‘Australian farm inheritance: New patterns of legal structure in property rights and landholding’, Rural Society, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 1178-1191.
- McCawley, Anne-Louise, Tilse, Cheryl, Wilson, Jill, Rosenman, Linda & Setterlund, Deborah 2006, ‘Access to assets: Older people with impaired capacity and financial abuse’, The Journal of Adult Protection, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 20-32.
- Munro, J. Dale 1997, ‘Unconditionally Constructive Mediation to Resolve Family-System Disputes Related to Older Persons with Disabilities’, Families in Society: The Journal of Contemporary Human Services, vol. November – December, 1997, pp. 609-616.
- Ozanne, Elizabeth 2009, ‘Negotiating identity in late life: Diversity among Australian baby boomers’, Australian Social Work, vol. 62, no. 2, p. 132 — 154.
- Persson, Diane Castro, Carmen, Mediation in Long-Term Care Facilities: A Pilot Project (2008) Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, 9 (5) 332-336
- Reed, M., & Harding, K. E.., Do Family Meetings Improve Measurable Outcomes for Patients, Carers, or Health Systems? A Systematic Review. Australian Social Work, Vol 68, No 2, April 2015, pp 244-259.
- “Strengthening Troubled Sibling Bonds to Deal With an Aging Parent.”
The Age regarding the Vic government’s support of Victorians who wish to die at home.
- Wall, Jack Spira, Marcia, A Conceptual Framework for Differential Use of Mediation and Family Therapy Interventions With Older Adults and Their Families (2012) 55, 282-297.
- Wendt Sarah, Bagshaw Dale, Zannettino Lana, & Adams Valerie (2013) ‘Financial abuse of older people: A case study’ International Journal of Social Work.
- Williams, Karen. Elder Mediation in Australia. http://www.uws.edu.au/elr/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/502224/06_Williams.pdf
- Zannettino, L, Bagshaw, D, Wendt, S & Adams, V ‘The role of emotional vulnerability and abuse in the financial exploitation of older people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) communities in Australia’, Journal of Elder Abuse & Neglect (in press).
- Wilson, J & Tilse C., Opening up Options: Decision Making Around Older People’s Assets. Australian Social Work, Vol 68, No 2, April 2015, pp 153- 155.
Wiley Online Library
- Association for Conflict Resolution Guidelines for Eldercaring Coordination: From Conflict to Collaboration toward the Care and Safety of Elders Linda Fieldstone and Sue Bronson
- A Strengths Approach to Elder Mediation by a Jennifer Martin
- Elder Mediation and the Financial Abuse of Older People by a Family Member
- Elder Mediation and the Financial Abuse of Older People by a Family Member Dale Bagshaw, Valerie Adams, Lana Zannettino, and Sarah Wendt
- Elder Mediation: What’s in a Name? Lise Barry
- What does successful ageing sound like? Profiling communication about ageing
- The grandparent-grandchild relationship: implications for models of intergenerational communication
- Communication with people of different ages in the workplace: Thai and American data
- Communication with older adults: the influence of age stereotypes, context and communicator age
- Multimodal connectedness and quality of life: examining the influences of technology adoption and interpersonal communication on well-being across the lifespan
**Conflict Resolution Quarterly can be accessed three ways:
a) For free to members of the Association for Conflict Resolution. http://www.acrnet.org/
b) Through a subscribing library or other institution (generally free to users).
c) Via the Wiley CRQ website (Abstracts free, full articles for a fee):